The Irish Times Theatre Awards took place in Dublin last night, a night which saw Lynne Parker (Rough Magic) pick up a special recognition award for her contribution to Irish theatre. Video highlights of the awards go out on TG4 this Wednesday evening at 11pm.
The list of winners includes
- Special tribute award : Lynne Parker
- Best actress : Derbhle Crotty ( Three Sisters , Abbey Theatre)
- Best actor : Tom Vaughan Lawlor ( The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui by Bertolt Brecht , Abbey Theatre)
- Best supporting actor : Mikel Murfi ( The New Electric Ballroom , Druid)
- Best supporting actress : Dearbhla Molloy ( The Cripple of Inishmaan , Druid and Atlantic Theatre)
- Best director : Rupert Goold ( No Man’s Land , Gate Theatre)
- Best production : Loose Canon ( Phaedra’s Love )
- Best new play : The New Electric Ballroom (Druid Theatre Company)
- Best opera : Mines of Sulphur , Wexford Opera.
- Best costume design : Rae Smith ( An Ideal Husband , Abbey Theatre)
- Best set designer : Owen MacCárthaigh ( Juno and the Paycock ; Cork Opera House/ Association of Regional Theatres, NI)
- Best lighting designer : Kevin Treacy ( The Nose , The Performance Corporation)
- Special award : Wexford Opera House.
For more, see this article in the Irish Times. Congratulations to all the winners last night!