By John Morton, performed February 17th 2011, Project Arts Centre Dublin at The Theatre Machine Turns You On: Vol II; February 22-26th, 76 John Street, Kilkenny as part of In The Future When All’s Well residency.
About The Show
On a rainy Tuesday morning in an unnamed town in a non descript social welfare office six people stepped out from behind the statistics and they made themselves known. They had actual faces and voices. They brought the live registrar to life.
They had demands, they had plans, they had broken dreams and one way tickets. But more than that, they had guns. Which, as they made known, is mightier than the pen. They were making the sentence fit the crime.
This is social warfare.
Scratcher Cast (Dublin / Kilkenny)
- McC – Amy Dunne
- D – Ross Costigan
- P – Annette O’Shea
- O’H – David Thompson
- N – Ken McGuire
- J99 – John Morton
- The Man – Alan Butler
Scratcher Production Crew
- Director – John Morton
- Assistant Director – Angela Barrett
- Producers – Ken McGuire, Paddy Dunne
- Stage Manager – Alex Christle
- Lighting Design – Richie Cody
- Sound Design – Geoff Warner-Clayton
- Production Design – Paddy Dunne
- Set Design – Eddie Brennan
- Props Manager – Sorcha O’Boyle
- Costume Design – Lucy McKenna
- Make Up – Linda Hanbidge
Scratcher was mentored by Annie Ryan of The Corn Exchange